Good luck in L.A. Tell the boys I said 'hi'...
If you want to get into session work, I suggest reading Russ Miller's interview about session work...
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 07, 2005 10:43 PM: Message edited by: cjbdrm ]</font>
Printable View
Good luck in L.A. Tell the boys I said 'hi'...
If you want to get into session work, I suggest reading Russ Miller's interview about session work...
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 07, 2005 10:43 PM: Message edited by: cjbdrm ]</font>
Great Playing Man, the solos you're playing at the contest are what you espect of the criteria of the contest, so i'm not gonna comment on those. But i'm really diggin the playing you do on the "Opening Act" track.
I would seriously recommend you in looking to talk with a Swedish Drummer Called Per Lindvall.
He and a Danish Bass-Player called Lars Danielson, moved to LA together in the 80's and did alot of sessions over there. He can tell you tons of advice about getting into the biz in L.A. However, the business has changed since the 80's, but thumbs up for giving it a shot man!
Yeah Klemme, good advice !!!
Per is an awesome drummer, one of my favorite !!!
And with Lars, great rythm section, I have a video tape where they are playing with Michael Ruff, it's just incredible !!!
By the way, if somebody can help me, I lost Per's contact so if somebody can tell him, thanks.
Peace.
Thanks guys!
@ Klemme,
I know Per. Have met him a few times. Nice guy!
@ Cjbdrm,
Where can I read Russ Miller's interview?
/B.
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 08, 2005 02:45 PM: Message edited by: brobjer ]</font>
Man,
Great playing and it sounds like you've got a great attitude too.
As well you know, this sort of show means absolutely NOTHING to anyone but drummers, (and most of them hate these sorts of events anyway!)
Try tell Leyland Sklar or Nathan East you just won that, they'll look at you as if to say... "So..."
Remember, this means you are a great soloist for your age, not that you are a musician! From what I've heard so far though, I'm sure I'll be impressed! I'm dying to see some of your playing with other people man!!! Post some!!!
Keep it up!!!
MP